Ohiopyle Fly Fishing Report – April
With mostly high waters in 2018 season fish were left pretty well untouched. The spoils come to those who are patient! Early spring hatches here in Ohiopyle are coming off quickly, trout are sipping nymphs and we’re already seeing some really nice rises to dry’s.
So, if you’ve got a touch of cabin fever and want to take advantage of the better weather give us a call and we’ll get you on some fish!
Purchase $20 or more in flies from the outfitter shop and get a free Rep Your Water PA sticker while supplies last!
Look forward to seeing you on the water!
Lets Get Buggy – Hatch Guide
Hatch Guide for April
Be sure to check out our Ohiopyle Fly Fishing hatch guide and angling news board. It is updated daily. It’s located in our Fly Shop, at Wilderness Voyageurs inside the Outfitter’s Store.
You can also call us when planning your trip for the most updated hatch information.
- Little blue wing olive sz 18- 24
- Blue Quill sz 16-18
- Quill Gordon sz 12-14
- Hendrickson/Red Quill sz 14-16
- Grannom Caddis sz 14-16
- Apple Caddis sz 14-16
- Little Brown Stonefly sz 14-16
- Crane Flies (yellow, orange, olive) sz 12-18
- Midges (black, gray, olive, white) sz 16-22
Meat and Potato’s – the “Go-to” flies that produce daily:
- Soft Hackle Pheasant Tail sz 12-18
- Soft Hackle Hare’s Ear sz 12-18
- Rubber Legged Stoneflies sz 8-12
- Hare’s Ear Nymph (Olive & Tan) sz 12-18
- Wooly Bugger (Black, Olive, White) sz 6-10
Looking for More Information on Guided Trips and Fly Fishing Instruction?
We offer fly fishing clinics including clinics for women, guided trips, scout programs. For guide availability and trip planning please call us at 1-800-272-4141. For more information about our clinics, fly fishing weekends and more visit our main fly fishing page for a list of offerings and scheduled events.