25 Oct 1st Annual Rafting and Paddling Video Contest
Thanks for a great 52nd season of rafting and paddling with our team here at Wilderness Voyageurs!
We are noticing more and more of you are carrying portable video devices to record and document your trips. We’d love to see your stories! Send them in for a chance to win a Wilderness Voyageurs 2017 Season Pass!!!
How the Video Contest Works.
This is SUPER simple.
- Declare your intent to WIN! You’ll see two forms below. The first one is just to let us know that you have the intentions of entering the contest and completing a video of your experience.
- Edit a video anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes long documenting any rafting or paddling experience with us here at Wilderness Voyageurs. Include anything you have from your trip and anything you did here in Ohiopyle. Be creative and have fun with it.
- Please post the edited video on your channel of choice. YouTube and Vimeo are great!
- In addition to your video, please post a description of your trip and include the hashtag: #WildernessVoyageurs
- Finally, come right back here to this post and fill out the second form below with contact details and a link to your video.
Note: The trip footage can be from anytime from the last three years. It does not have to be from 2016.
How Long do You Have?
All video entries must be in before midnight on Friday, December 30th 2016 to be eligible for the voting and judging.
How are the Winners Selected? 50% Voting and 50% Judging.
50% of the judging will be voting by you, your friends, family and rafting fans – while the other 50% will be judged by the Wilderness Voyageurs team.
- On Wednesday November 16th we will post ALL of the video entries here to our blog/website. We will eMail you with that post link and it will also be available at our Facebook page.
- Between November 16th and December 1st we will allow voting for the videos provided. At this time you’ll want to get your family, friends and fellow outdoor enthusiasts to vote you up! Voting will count for 50% of the scoring.
- In addition to the voting we’ll have three unbiased professionals judging on overall creativity and storytelling. This voting will make up the remaining 50% of the selection process. These judges will include:
- Eric Martin – Owner of Wilderness Voyageurs
- Ben Scoville – Operations Manager for Wilderness Voyageurs
- Keith Burtis – Director of Digital and Professional Video Editor at Liquid Spark.
Note: Anyone can vote for their favorite video.
When will Winners be Announced and What is the Prize?
- The prize for the winning video will be a Wilderness Voyageurs 2017 Season Pass. Learn more about what that includes.
- Winners will be announced on Monday January 8th, 2017. We will call you, announce it here on the website and share it to our Facebook page.
We hope you enjoy this video contest challenge and we really look forward to seeing all the entries. Good Luck!