San Juan Islands tour
1. The guides, James and Raina, were just wonderful and added greatly to the value of the trip (San Juan Islands tour). They were always cheerful and accommodating, also knowledgeable. And just plain fun!!!
2. The added benefits: the whale watching tour and the kayaking trip, were also just wonderful, and served as icing for the cake of the tour by giving some diversity of experience during the days. The guides on these two add on tours were excellent! Suggestion: let people know exactly what clothes and shoes to bring for the kayaking experience. I did not have the right shoes.
3. Lodging and food were great. My husband and I weren’t thrilled with the dinner on Lopez Island, but that was the only issue I had the whole time.
4. The background of the San Juan Islands is gorgeous, and I felt like we saw everything we needed to see. However, I’m a fairly strong biker, and I it really wasn’t an easy level ride. My Garmin (brought my own) measured several 12 % grades, and one 14% grade. A “beginning” biker could not do this.
5. I loved the small group size!! It was perfect.
Rating: Excellent *****
*We have changed the difficulty rating of this ride from Level 2 (relaxed) to Level 3 (active). Thanks for the feedback!