A message to our Wilderness Voyageurs clients and team members around the US. Your safety and care is paramount to us as we adventure together.
***** 3/ 30 Covid-19 Statement Update
We have had to make the difficult decision to postpone all bike tour departures leaving on or before May 15, 2020. We also do not anticipate being able to operate rafting and other adventures from our Ohiopyle, PA home base until April 30th at the earliest. Information about how long the COVID-19 epidemic will last in the US is totally uncertain. Like you, we simply cannot make good decisions past late April to protect our customers and our staff.
We are currently contacting all booked guests affected by these additional postponements to provide further details and rescheduling options. We ask for your patience and understanding as this process has been slowed down outside of our control, due to the limitations placed upon us by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Our administrative offices are here in Pennsylvania.
We will continue to make evaluations about additional postponements for later tours and trips in the coming days and weeks. Our goal will be to announce postponements to tours at least 30 days prior to the first date (departure date) of the tour. Again, given the extreme uncertainty all across the US during this unprecedented COVID-19 epidemic, please understand that this may not always be possible. Things are changing daily and a lot will be different in even 2 weeks.
Like you as travelers, small tour companies are caught in the middle of extraordinary circumstances. We are working diligently with our suppliers (like historic inns on bike tours) to attempt to receive refunds on funds already paid months ago for these spring trips. Small and medium sized companies are simply unable to provide refunds with the scope of cancelled trips and still stay in business.
We are a small company – and the 100% postponed trips is something we’ve never run into in our 56 years of operations. Rather than unwittingly cause Wilderness Voyageurs to go out of business in this crisis with the sheer volume of refunds, we have had to scramble with emergency terms and conditions so that we can still be here later this year and next to serve up wonderful adventures for our customers.
Our goal is to be as absolutely transparent and fair as possible, and ultimately as flexible as possible. Our number 1 priority is to do everything in our power to keep our staff and customers healthy and safe in every sense of those words. We are in this together and really appreciate your support as we work through this.
Emergency Postponement and Rescheduling Policy For Bike Tours:
- All monies for postponed bookings that were due to depart on or after March 20th, 2020 through July 15, 2020, are transferable in full to any future booking in later 2020, 2021 or 2022.
- You will receive a 100% future travel credit equal to the value of your payments to Wilderness Voyageurs Inc., usable through 12/31/ 2022.
- All credits are 100% transferable to another individual. Transfer to a friend or loved one with no penalty.
- All individuals whose tours are postponed will receive first priority for the booking of future dates. Many Wilderness Voyageurs Bike Tours actually sell out and have waitlists. Rest assured that your postponed trip voucher puts you first in line before the general public, every year that your voucher is in effect. You will be notified of departure dates prior to the public release of departure dates, with time to book and get any questions on new trips answered, etc.
- Custom tours: These will be dealt with on an individual basis. Custom tours are wonderful, and always require extra attention and resources to create for you. Many resources are expended on your behalf well prior to your arrival. We will work very hard with suppliers to minimize penalties for date changes wherever possible.
Deposits for Upcoming Bike Tours:
For upcoming tours the due date for final payments has been relaxed to 60 days prior to departure. This will help a bit more with the uncertainty of the times.
If you choose to cancel your bike tour that departs after July 15th…
- Guests must make their own evaluations about what feels safe to them. We respect and value that, so we’ve updated our tour cancellation policy to give our guests more options.
- For those who choose to cancel their trip, we have relaxed our standard cancellation policy:
- If you cancel 120 or more days prior to your departure, your non-refundable deposit will be turned into a future travel credit. You lose no money and your credit may be used anytime trips are running in 2020 and in 2021. This credit must be used by 12/31/ 2021.
Wilderness Voyageurs is a small family business run by the brother and sister team of Eric and Lynne Martin. Our father started this business in 1964. Our company is a healthy and a diverse adventure business as we head into this crisis. This is the most challenging and completely shocking situation we have ever experienced, unfolding as it has in only a matter of weeks. You have our promise that we are being diligent and thoughtful to navigate this situation and treating it like another class 5 rapid to safely descend. We are committed to the survival of this quirky little business that provides people with joy, intense moments of connection and exploration, and memories that last a lifetime.
Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and flexibility. Together we can ensure that Wilderness Voyageurs will be around to help guide you down a backroad, a trail or a river, discover a new favorite place, and enjoy special moments with your friends and family.
Downstream is where the fun is….
Eric Martin & Lynne Martin
Useful CDC and WHO Information Links: