Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Greenway Sojourn Reservations 2014
The 2014 Rails-to-Trails Greensway Sojourn is SOLD OUT
You've decided to register for the 2014 Rails-To-Trails Greenway Sojourn. Good choice! You're going to have some fun on one of the most picturesque rail-trail journeys in the world.
Each day, you and your 300 fellow Sojourners will average between 30 and 51 miles, camping in well-serviced locations along the way. There’s no need to worry about carrying anything other than water, appropriate clothing for the day, and your camera – all your luggage will be transported daily via truck.
The majority of the riding is on rails-trails, but there is 13 miles of on-road connections. The terrain in these sections is not difficult, but there is no dedicated bike lane. Youth will be shuttled around these on-road sections.
A new option for this year is the walking tour, for those who prefer to explore the trail at a slower pace.
The cost of the Sojourn is $680 for adults and $580 for youth (ages 16 & under).
This includes:- 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners.
- Transportation from Cumberland, Md. to Weirton, W.Va., where the Sojourn begins.
- Your layover day activity. Choose between rafting, or tours of renowned Frank Lloyd-Wright houses.
- Luggage transportation.
- Camping (but not camping equipment).
- Nightly programs.
|Reserve your spot on the 2014 Sojourn|
|So Sorry - but this trip is SOLD OUT. Click here to check out other bike tours - or make plans for the 2015 Sojourn!|
To reserve your spot, you will need to pay the deposit of $250.00 per person. The total cost of the Sojourn is $680 for adults and $580 for youth (ages 16 & under). Following the $250 deposit reserving your spot, 50% of the balance will be due 120 days prior to your trip and the final payment will be due 90 days prior to departure.
Your payment options are Visa, MasterCard or Discover. If you prefer to pay by check, please call us at 800-272-4141 to make your reservation.
1. After reserving your space on the 2014 Rails-To-Trails Greenway Sojourn, you will receive a confirmation email that contains a link to a registration form. Every participant will be required to complete a registration form, this is where you will have the opportunity to inform us of meal options, arrival information, choice of layover day activity and all participants will be required to sign a liability release and waiver for Wilderness Voyageurs Outfitters Inc., and the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy waiver form.
2. You should be in good physical health to participate in the Sojourn. Please discuss any health and medical questions you may have with your doctor prior to your trip. Wilderness Voyageurs Outfitters and the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy reserves the right to decline participation to any trip participant whose condition, in our opinion, may affect the health, safety, or enjoyment of that participant or any other participant. Wilderness Voyageurs Outfitters and Rails-to-Trails Conservancy are not responsible for the cost of any medical treatment a trip participant may require during a trip.Health and Fitness
Payment & Cancellation Policy
1. On-line reservations require a $250 deposit by credit card.
2. Following the $250 deposit reserving your spot, 50% of the balance will be due 120 days prior to your trip and the final payment will be due 90 days prior to departure.
3. All cancellation requests must be in writing and postmarked no later than June 1, 2014. All cancellations are subject to a $50 processing fee. Only medical cancellations will be accepted after June 1. A request for a medical refund must be in writing, accompanied by a physician's note for the 50% refund.
The ride starts in Weirton, W.Va. at the western terminus of the Panhandle Trail, crossing the border into Pennsylvania and connecting to the Montour Trail. From the Montour Trail the ride will connect to perhaps the most famous rail-trail in the world – The Great Allegheny Passage (GAP), for the journey southeast to Cumberland, Md.
Written notice must be given on the registration form of any physical, mental, or emotional condition that may require professional attention or special equipment during the trip. Trip participants are responsible for all necessary items related to any medical conditions. Failure to disclose any such known conditions may result in cancellation of your trip, and in such event Wilderness Voyageurs Outfitter shall have no liability, financial or otherwise.
Health and Fitness
You should be in good physical health to participate in our Bike Tour trips. Please discuss any health and medical questions you may have with your doctor prior to your trip. Wilderness Voyageurs Outfitters reserves the right to decline participation to any trip participant whose condition, in our opinion, may affect the health, safety, or enjoyment of that participant or any other participant. Wilderness Voyageurs Outfitters is not responsible for the cost of any medical treatment a trip participant may require during a trip.
- GAP and C&O Canal 6 Day Bike Tour
- Easy Rider Tour
- Great Allegheny Passage Bike Tour
- C&O Canal Bike Journey
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Greenway Sojourn Reservations 2014
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Greenway Sojourn FAQ's 2014
- 2014 Rails-to-Trails Greenway Sojourn Itinerary
- 2014 Rails-to-Trails Greenway Sojourn Walking Itinerary
- Katy Trail Bike Tour
- PA Dutch Country Bike Tour
- Civil War 4 Day Bike Tour
- Blue Ridge & Thundering Muskets
- Heroes, Barns & Bridges
- Chesapeake Bike Tour
- Colorado Rocky Mountain Road Bike Tour
- Georgia Gold Coast
- Mountain Bike Trips
- Custom Bike Tours
- Contact us for Bicycling Vacation Information
- Lower Yough Guided
- Lower Yough Guide in Boat
- Lower Yough Deluxe Trip
- Lower Yough Rentals
- Lower Yough FAQ
- Savage River
- Rafting Season Pass
- Rafting kick-off weekend
- Middle Yough
- Middle Yough Rentals
- Middle Yough FAQ
- Pedal and Paddle
- Cheat Narrows
- Historical Float Trip
- Class IV-V Rafting
- Learn to Kayak
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding Instruction
- Yough Hatches and Stream Conditions
- Wading & Float Trips
- Learn to Fly Fish
- Learn to Fly Fish Weekend Clinic Ohiopyle, PA
- Kayak & Bike Fishing
- Women's Fly Fishing Clinics
- Steelhead Fishing Clinic
- Steelhead Trips
- Colorado Trout
- Idaho Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting for Boy Scouts
- Scout Mountain Biking
- Scout Kayaking
- Merit Badge Programs
- Surf & Turf - Raft & Bike Package
- Paddles & Biners Raft & Climb Package
- Scout Summer Camp Substitute
- Knotweed Removal
- Contact Us
- Job Opportunities
- Meet the WV Family & Your Guides
- WV Partners and What We Support
- The Store
- Where To Eat
- Your Trip Photos
- Rafting Season Pass
- Ohiopyle State Park Trails
- Explore The Laurel Highlands Region
- Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail
- Family Reunions
- Ohiopyle Bike Rentals
- Great Allegheny Passage
- Mountain Biking Ohiopyle and the Laurel Highlands
- Road Biking the Laurel Highlands
- Ohiopyle Bike Repair Shop
- GAP Bike Shuttles
- Upper Yough Race
- Adventure and Special Events Calendar
- Gear Swap & E-Cycling
- Beer & Gear Fest
- Contact Us