Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Greenway Sojourn Details
Rail-to-Trails Conservancy's Greenway Sojourn for 2013 will depart on June 23 for a 5 day Sojourn on the Great Allegheny Passage from Pittsburgh to Cumberland.
2013 Details. Below are the general trip details, click here for the daily itinerary.
2013 SOJOURN PARTICIPANTS::::: You will receive an email on May 24th with final details of the meeting time and exact location in Cumberland for the start of the Sojourn.
Where will you park to begin the trip?
You will park in Cumberland (the exact location will be posted as we near the departure) and you will be transported to Pittsburgh to begin riding the Sojourn.
You will hop on a luxury motorcoach in Cumberland, MD and your bike will be placed on a truck. You will reconnect at the beginning of the ride in Pittsburgh.
There will be no parking options provided in Pittsburgh.
Where are we going and what is the average daily mileage?
We are riding the Great Allegheny Passage from Pittsburgh to its southern terminus in Cumberland, MD. You will ride a total of approximately 145 miles over the course of 5 days. The average daily mileage is 30-40 miles. For a detailed daily itinerary - click here
What to Bring?
Participants are limited to two bags, weighing no more than 40 total pounds. We strongly recommend durable water-resistant bags. Plastic bags or corrugated boxes will not be permitted.
How does my gear get moved?
There will be luggage trucks to move your gear between each night's camp spot. Every morning you will responsable for placing your luggage with the truck. This is a "group" effort type of trip, upon reaching the evening's camp site, folks all pitch in to unload the luggage truck, get to know your fellow rider.
This is a camping trip. Participants will camp in tents they supply themselves, or they may contract with Comfy Campers, who will once again provide daily tent service for those who are interested. There is a separate fee and registration process for these services. Contact Comfy Campers. Comfy Campers will open registration for their services in January of 2013.
Campsites may be open fields, town parks or standard campgrounds along the route. A mobile shower truck with outside sinks will be available at each location. Portable restroom facilities will be at most sites. On a few nights, we will camp near town centers that offer many evening attractions. Musical entertainment, tours and lectures are planned along the route.
$575 for adults
$475 for kids (16 and younger)
Included in the cost is: 4 Dinners, 2 lunches included on day 1 and day 3, 4 breakfasts, transportation from Cumberland to Pittsburgh to start the ride. Layover day activity, luggage transportation
Can kids come? You bet! Not only can they come, we encourage you to bring them. The sojourn is a great way to spend family time. Read more.....
All breakfasts, all dinners and lunch on the first day are included. There will be a vegetarian option with dinner. Breakfasts will be "on-the-go" options - coffee, cereal bars,muffins, bagels etc.
A new twist for 2013, is a layover day on day 3 of the Greenway Sojourn. That means you will camp in the same spot, Confluence PA, two consecutive nights. During the layover day there will be optional activites for you to choose from that are included in the Sojourn fee. You will choose one of the following activities:
1) Tour of Fallingwater
2) Tour of Kentuck Knob
3) Day of whitewater rafting - 2 river sections available - a class 3 section and a class 2 section
4) Shuttle to Ohiopyle with your bike to explore Ohiopyle State Park
We have a limited number of bikes to rent for the Sojourn so we highly encourage you to ride your own bike. If you do not have a bike or are traveling from afar, please call us after making your reservation and we will accommodate as many people as possible.
How to register for the Sojourn
1. Once the cost is determined, this page will be updated with a detailed itinerary and link for on-line reservations.
2. If you would like call Wilderness Voyageurs at 800-272-4141 to make your reservation over the phone , with a real human.
4. Curious about the reservation cancellation and refund policy? Click here for the details
Please contact Wilderness Voyageurs with any & all questions regarding the Sojourn or call us with your details at 800-272-4141
- Mountain Bike Trips
- GAP and C&O Canal 6 Day Bike Tour
- Easy Rider Tour
- Great Allegheny Passage Bike Tour
- C&O Canal Bike Journey
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Greenway Sojourn
- Katy Trail Bike Tour
- PA Dutch Country Bike Tour
- Civil War 4 Day Bike Tour
- Blue Ridge & Thundering Muskets
- Heroes, Barns & Bridges
- Chesapeake Bike Tour
- Colorado Rocky Mountain
- Georgia Gold Coast
- Custom Bike Tours
- Contact us for Bicycling Vacation Information
- Lower Yough Guided
- Lower Yough Guide in Boat
- Lower Yough Deluxe Trip
- Lower Yough Rentals
- Lower Yough FAQ
- Savage River
- Rafting Season Pass
- Rafting kick-off weekend
- Middle Yough
- Middle Yough Rentals
- Middle Yough FAQ
- Pedal and Paddle
- Cheat Narrows
- Historical Float Trip
- Class IV-V Rafting
- Learn to Kayak
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding Instruction
- Yough Hatches and Stream Conditions
- Wading & Float Trips
- Learn to Fly Fish
- Learn to Fly Fish Weekend Clinic Ohiopyle, PA
- Kayak & Bike Fishing
- Women's Fly Fishing Clinics
- Steelhead Fishing Clinic
- Steelhead Trips
- Colorado Trout
- Idaho Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting for Boy Scouts
- Scout Mountain Biking
- Scout Kayaking
- Merit Badge Programs
- Surf & Turf - Raft & Bike Package
- Paddles & Biners Raft & Climb Package
- Scout Summer Camp Substitute
- Knotweed Removal
- Contact Us
- Working in Ohiopyle State Park
- Meet the WV Family & Your Guides
- WV Partners and What We Support
- The Store
- Where To Eat
- Your Trip Photos
- Rafting Season Pass
- Ohiopyle State Park Trails
- Explore The Laurel Highlands Region
- Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail
- Family Reunions
- Bike Rentals In Ohiopyle
- Great Allegheny Passage
- Mountain Biking Ohiopyle and the Laurel Highlands
- Road Biking the Laurel Highlands
- Ohiopyle Bike Repair Shop
- GAP Bike Shuttles
- Upper Yough Race
- Adventure and Special Events Calendar
- Gear Swap & E-Cycling
- Beer & Gear Fest
- Contact Us